This excellent museum tells the story of the fighting for the key village of La Gleize. It was here that Kampfgruppe Peiper was stopped in its tracks, the village surrounded by the Americans, and Peiper forced to withdraw and abandon most of his vehicles and equipment.

The museum tells the story via fifteen life-size dioramas, where dummies in original uniforms and equipment depict the combatants of 1944. There are also hundreds of photos and an excellent film. Outside the museum is a 69 ton King Tiger (Tiger II), abandoned at La Gleize in 1944. It has been restored, and is a rare example of this type of tank.

An essential part of any visit to the area!

The museum is open from 10:00 to 18:00 every day between March 21 and November 21, and on weekends, holidays and public holidays between November 22 and March 20.


Museum : Rue de l'Eglise, 7 B-4987 La Gleize
Tel : 0032 (0)80/78.51.91.
Secretary's office : Rue Fechereux, 2 B-4608 Dalhem
Tel : 0032 (0)4/376.66.55.     Fax : ++32 (0)4/376.78.40
: [email protected]


ŠPaul Reed 2002-2006

Hit Counter

Home Up Ardennes Tourism Bastogne Sherman Celles Panther Hotton War Cemetery La Gleize King Tiger La Gleize Museum M10 Ardennes