A young French captain who was garrisoned in Metz in 1775 has won his last battle!
The original statue made by P.W. Bartlett was donated by the Knights of Columbus in 1920, and had been erected in the Square of Boufflers, behind the Palace of Justice in Metz.
The city of Metz funded and executed replacement the equistrian statue of Lafayette that was destroyed by the German occupation forces during WWII.
The image to the left was provided by Mr. Greg Ciesielski of Havelock, The image was scanned from a French postcard he had purchased. Mr. Ciesielski is a member of the Knights of Columbus and a collector, We appreciate his submission of this image.